In September 1954 Mr Jack Opie had just arrived with his fishing companions Gerry and May Berth-Jones to find the Kefford brothers, Dick and Harry, leaving after a week-long session on the now famous pool. Opie asked Harry Kefford for permission to cast out into Redmire’s Willow Pitch where he had been fishing all that week and alas with no success. As Jack Opie helped the Kefford brothers to load up their car, his buzzer sounded and after a long drawn out fight the 27lbs 5ozs fish was safely netted. The following morning Gerry Berth-Jones asked the then Redmire owner Colonel Maclean if Opie could take the carp away to be mounted which he granted. The carp was taken to London and mounted by J cooper & Sons 78 Bath Road Hounslow.
In 1953 W.B.Griggs had passed away and his son L. Griggs carried on the business until 1960.